This domaine, formerly known as Amiot-Bonfils, was founded by Arsène Amiot in 1920. Guy Amiot took over the reins in 1985 and his son Thierry in 1993, supported by his brother Fabrice. Thierry’s daughter Heloise currently works part-time here at Domaine Amiot and part time with her mother at Domaine Bernard-Bonin in Meursault.

As well as their terrific range of Chassagne-Montrachet premier cru vineyards they are fortunate enough to enjoy further white- wine vineyards outside Chassagne in superb locations: Puligny-Montrachet Les Demoiselles – which is the little sector of Puligny Caillerets next door to Le Montrachet – and a tiny slice, 0.09 hectare, of Le Montrachet itself, in the part which was originally known as Dent de Chien but was promoted to grand cru at the time of appellation.

The reds are entirely destemmed. In recent years the elevage of both colours has been extended to a little short of two years.

Click here to view all wines from Domaine Guy Amiot & Fils
Back to Top
Log in to Inside Burgundy
Forgotten Password?
Don't have an account? Subscribe here!